14 July, 2024

The Get-It-Done List

Historically, I've prided myself on being able to maintain in my head an accurate running list of everything I needed to do in the coming days and weeks — but that was before I assumed the mantle of team leader for what is arguably Missouri's most prolific and innovative prison-based media group. Now I make notes to keep track of it all. Lots of notes. Lists, too. I begrudgingly make use of Microsoft Outlook multiple times throughout the day and feel my spirit inch a little bit closer to death every time I do.

Ah, well. It's a living.

My current list of short-term reminders stares me in the face from a series of PostIts on my center monitor. The list is as fittingly eclectic as my job has become.
  • 2× shirt
  • New riddle
  • OMS notifications?
  • GLS test dates/times?
  • Wade's peer reviews
  • Guide training
  • Real Talk intertitles
  • Twon's disclaimer
  • That's Debatable meeting
  • Writer's Block signage
  • Chapel service policy
  • Book Club promo questions
  • Musician qualifications, format, application
  • Kaiju skit – need boxes
  • Keynote speech
  • Talent show graphics
  • Video strategy game?

That's basically the next three weeks. I'd explain what all of these seemingly random items are and what their respective relevance is, but I don't have the time. If you happen to know of a good freeware planner that doesn't leech your vital essence, however, I can spare a minute to read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Byron does not have Internet access. Pariahblog.com posts are sent from his cell by way of a secure service especially for prisoners' use. We do read him your comments, however, and he enjoys hearing your thoughts very much.